ONN presents monthly lunch-hour webinars to spark discussion on complex or emerging issues affecting nonprofits and charities in Ontario, and provide a platform to share knowledge that crosses the nonprofit sector and helps organizations get their work done. Webinars are designed to inform, educate, and develop public policy knowledge and advocacy skills of nonprofits, and highlight resources that can support their work and the communities they serve. If you require a transcript to a past or upcoming webinar, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming webinars will not be posted unless otherwise stated. To access an upcoming webinar, please register as a participant.
Change in 2020 is not just turning that page in your calendar, but taking a big-picture look at what’s happening in and around the sector that can galvanize our missions, or thwart them. Join ONN and sector leader Paul Nazareth to explore the top trends for nonprofits and charities, and how your organization and communities can tap into these opportunities.
Paul brings a unique perspective as a thought leader in Canada’s charitable and nonprofit sector, sharing his expertise in building relationships and creating capital for social good.
Here is what you can expect from this webinar:
- New approaches to revenue growth and engaging supporters, including surviving in a world of “top charity lists”
- How partnerships and collaborations are changing, and the key resources you need to connect effectively
- Innovative ways to talk about your mission and vision in the midst of rising backlash against philanthropy
- Examples of success stories and cautionary tales of organizations making change
Get practical tips and tactics as you plan your year, for stronger operations in 2020 and beyond.
With the legalization of cannabis across Canada, what are the implications for employers in the nonprofit sector? This webinar will explore how the current legislation will affect nonprofits and what are the potential impacts for employers. In this webinar, you will:
- Hear about best practices for your organization and the sector
- Learn suggested policies and procedures to put in place
- Ask questions to help shape your own plans and policies
For many nonprofits, sourcing suppliers is an administrative burden taking up too much time, resources, and funds.
We also want to better reflect the values of the sector in our purchasing approaches.
In this interactive webinar, Co-Founder and Principal of Round Table Procurement Services, David Rourke, will share the “what, why, and how” of professional procurement so your organization can stay true to its mission, while improving operational performance.
- Learn how to reduce costs, time, and risks associated with sourcing suppliers
- Learn how social procurement and professional procurement can work together to advance your goals
- Discover how the different types of procurement processes, such as transparent competitive bidding processes and “group buying”, can address common challenges facing nonprofits
- Gain strategies to efficiently create and implement your own professional procurement policies and processes.
Join ONN and the Canadian Alternative Investment Foundation (CAIF) for a deep dive into financing options that may be used by your organization to achieve its goals and the how-tos of preparing for financing. Through this webinar you will learn:
● What is debt financing? Loans, lines of credits, and how nonprofits and charities can leverage tools to support their mission
● What is a line of credit and when it is beneficial to organizations?
● How to assess your financing needs & readiness
● Ways to identify your “borrowing profile”
● How and when to get ready to apply for a line of credit
Join ONN and the Ontario Universities to discuss experiential learning opportunities and how to leverage them through a new online platform. Through this webinar you will:
- Learn about experiential learning: what is it and how it can strengthen your nonprofit
- Discover how to connect with emerging leaders across Ontario through the Propel Initiative
- Receive HR, legal and funding resources for hiring students
- Discuss best practices for recruiting, on-boarding and recognizing students during experiential learning opportunities and get access to free templates
Leaders from Imagine Canada, Carters law firm, the Canadian Arts Coalition, and Fasken law fim discuss the election rules and provide strategies that can advance your nonprofit’s advocacy efforts. Through this webinar you will learn:
- Clarity on the rules and guidelines under the Canada Revenue Agency and Elections Canada that impact charities and nonprofits.
- Advertising during an election and when you need to register as a third party advertiser.
- Ways to engage your communities anytime, and during this election season
- Channels to share and promote your advocacy work
- Inspiring examples of organizations doing advocacy, including a national coalition to get out the vote and support democracy.
The Nonprofits Driving Public Policy series was a five-part webinar series to strengthen the capacity of nonprofits to actively participate in the development of public policy to influence positive change for communities.
- Seizing the electoral moment: why it matters to all nonprofits: Recording
- What is public policy and does your nonprofit need a strategy: Recording
- Collaborating for change in today’s policy environment: Slide deck | Recording
- Sharpening your message for maximum impact: Slide deck | Recording
- Engaging the community to shape your organization’s priorities and decisions: Slide deck | Recording
The Nonprofit Insurance Refresher webinar is a part of the ONN Stronger Together info series, a series highlighting how our services are aligned with our policy work and were created with and for nonprofits – from insurance and employee benefits to office supplies, group buying, and more. We put strength in numbers to work and harness our sector’s group buying power to help improve how nonprofits get their work done.