ONN tracks nonprofit sector policy and trends, so you can focus on your mission. We offer the right tools, knowledge and connections to sustain and grow your organization. When you become a member of the Ontario Nonprofit Network, you help build a resilient sector, thriving communities, and a dynamic province.
ONN Membership Options
We invite individuals, volunteers and corporate and government friends of the sector to become Supporters and enjoy a range of benefits, including event discounts and special rates from service providers.
Visit Member Services for details of ONN’s members-only benefits and services.
Membership Fee Information
Membership levels are tiered based on annual budget levels, starting at just $100.
|Annual Budget||ONN Annual Membership Fee|
|Under $300,000||$100 (plus HST = $113)|
|$300,000-$999,999||$300 (plus HST = $339)|
|$1-5 million||$500 (plus HST = $565)|
|Over $5,000,000||$750 (plus HST = $847.50)|
Reasons to Become an ONN Member
- Increase policy capacity and results. ONN convenes province-wide platforms for sector voices to share their ideas, experience and expertise
- Focus on your mission. We track and interpret provincial policy, and analyze how it impacts nonprofits – so you stay informed on what’s happening and apply your own expert view for your organization and subsector or region
- Stay informed. ONN finds out what’s happening in communities, government, and the sector to keep you up-to-date. You can subscribe to our newsletter for free
- Add your leadership voice. We advocate with and for the sector, giving you ways to share your experience and expertise, while identifying opportunities and resources to work across the sector
- Save money. ONN membership provides many financial perks, including up to $100 off our annual conference, Nonprofit Driven, free webinars, 30% or more in savings for our Nonprofit Insurance Program, as well as exclusive access to the ONN Employee Benefits Program and Nonprofit Lands Registry. Plus: ONN Members receive free postings year-round on our job board for nonprofits connectjobs.ca. See our Member Services page for more details.
- Our annual budget is less than $30,000. Do other small nonprofits choose to become ONN members?
- Yes, absolutely! Many smaller organizations have benefited from ONN membership, especially with our insurance and employee benefits programs. We would love for you to join the network.
- Can an unincorporated nonprofit become a member?
- Yes! Unincorporated nonprofits are eligible for all membership benefits except access to the lands registry.
- Our annual budget has changed. How do we update our membership?
- Please register here to renew your membership.
- I want to know my membership ID and/or request to change the key contact person/other details for our membership. Whom should I contact?
- Please contact email@example.com.
- I paid twice by mistake. How can I get a refund?
- If you paid twice or if there’s any issue with payment/invoice, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I paid for my membership. Why didn’t I receive a receipt?
- You will receive a confirmation email automatically after you pay, which is your official proof of payment. If you’d still like a copy of your receipt, please contact email@example.com.
- Is there a member-only area on the ONN website?
- We’ve had one in the past but are now sharing updates and connecting our members directly through email. In 2022, we will be offering new networking opportunities for members. Stay tuned for details!
Insurance and other member benefits FAQ
- How does the nonprofit lands registry process work?
- If you are eligible, you can fill out an application form and pay a $200 registration fee. Once approved by ONN, you will receive an email from a representative of Infrastructure Ontario within a month. For eligibility criteria and the form, please visit our lands registry web page and read the instructions thoroughly. Please note that the $200 registration fee is not included in your membership fee.
- I have some technical questions about the insurance program. Whom should I contact?
- Please visit our web page for an overview of our insurance program. For questions specifically about insurance policies, discounts, or other insurance technicalities, please fill out this form to connect to our provider, HUB International. If you don’t hear back within a week, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can I have access to the lands registry before I become a member or pay the $200 registration fee?
- Unfortunately, only approved registrants who are current ONN members and have paid the registration fee in full can access the registry.
Connect Nonprofit Jobs FAQ
- I am a current member. Do I need to create an account to post on the job board Connect Nonprofit Jobs?
- How long will it take for my job postings to be approved on Connect Nonprofit Jobs?
- Once you sign up, create your account, and submit a job posting, we will approve it within two to three business days.
- I submitted a job posting but it’s not live yet or has been rejected.
- We only approve job postings from current ONN members that are nonprofits and charities, and only if your job postings include a salary range/pay scale. We are committed to building a decent work movement in the nonprofit sector and believe that salary transparency is one element.
- Can I edit a job posting after it’s submitted?
- You have to contact us to make edits to a submission or if we’ve already approved your job posting. Please contact email@example.com and include your edits in the email. You can also resubmit and ask us to delete the one you’d submitted.
- How many visitors does the job board get?
- On average, Connect Nonprofit Jobs gets about 3,500 unique visitors each month.
- Are webinars free for members?
- Yes, ONN webinars are free for all current ONN members. If you haven’t received the promo code, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can I get a recording if I missed a webinar?
- Yes, you can. If you registered for the webinar and missed it, you will receive the recording, slide deck, and other resources within a week after the webinar. If you didn’t register, please contact email@example.com.
- Please visit our Webinar: FAQ page for other FAQs about our webinars.