Nonprofit Lands Registry
ONN’s Nonprofit Registry for Public Benefit Lands
Looking for land for your nonprofit? Thinking about buying a facility for your public benefit organization?
The government sometimes puts surplus government land up for sale. We worked with the government to create a special registry for eligible nonprofits so they can access a government list of property that is for sale, before property goes to the open market.
ONN members can apply to be on the registry.
- Check that your organization meets the eligibility criteria
- Complete the application in full (What you’ll need)
- Pay the registration fee
- Receive notification of approval of registration from ONN within 30 days (applicants may be asked to provide additional info)
- Access the Realty Disposal Publication website with your assigned identification provided by Infrastructure Ontario
To access the registry, you must:
- Be a registered charity or be incorporated as a not-for-profit organization
- Provide a public benefit
- Be an ONN Member
- Fill in the online application in full
- Pay the registration fee of $200+HST
- Be approved by ONN to be added to the registry
Note: The Ontario Nonprofit Network is administering the registry only. Any expressions of interest regarding surplus real estate will be directed to Infrastructure Ontario. Any discussions regarding surplus real estate will be between the bidder and Infrastructure Ontario on behalf of the Ministry of Infrastructure.
Property information is provided through the Realty Disposal Publication website managed by Infrastructure Ontario. The registry is administered by ONN and not the Government of Ontario. Any questions regarding the application process should be directed to ONN. The Government of Ontario, including the Ministry of Infrastructure and Infrastructure Ontario, shall in no way be responsible for any outcomes or actions resulting from a registry applications.