How to use ONN’s framework to build your nonprofit’s data strategy
Over the past two years, ONN has been working to understand what nonprofits need to better use their data through our Data, Evidence-use and Learning (DEAL) initiative. The project aimed to ensure that the data and knowledge of Ontario’s nonprofit sector is being ethically used, and appropriately leveraged to support learning and evidence-informed decision-making.
By connecting directly with several nonprofit organizations, funders, academics, and other important stakeholders, we have unearthed some key elements that would help nonprofit organizations create data strategies that are meaningful to their work.
Topics that will be covered during this webinar:
- Introduction to data – what is it and why should nonprofits care about the data they collect?
- What are the elements of an effective data strategy?
- How is ONN supporting the creation of data standards for the nonprofit sector?
- Ways to participate in the data ecosystem
All registered participants will receive a recording, and a curated list of resources within one week of the event. If you have any questions about the event, please email email@example.com.
- Neemarie Alam, Data Strategy Manager – Ontario Nonprofit Network
- Darryl Kingston, Executive Director – Digital Governance Standards Institute
- Liz Forsberg, Lead, Partnership Investments – Impact – Ontario Trillium Foundation
- Chelsea Combot, Director of Policy and Government Relations – Ontario Federation of Indigenous Friendship Centres