ONN is committed to acting as a facilitator and catalyst to help the network access resources for organizational capacity building. The content on this page highlights resources from ONN’s paid sponsors. ONN does not endorse sponsors or their products or services. Advertising revenue supports our mission to strengthen Ontario’s nonprofit sector as a key pillar of our society and economy.
[WEBINAR] Demystifying Insurance: What Nonprofits Need to Know to Protect Their Operations
May 19, 2022 | 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM ET
With today’s world in constant flux, it is vital that leaders of nonprofit organizations understand the risks to their business and are adequately prepared and covered to protect against events that could threaten the viability of their organization. Join HUB International’s nonprofit experts to learn about the most common risk exposures for nonprofit organizations and three key coverages that can help protect your operations. Our discussion will cover:
- Why general liability insurance is a critical component of any nonprofit insurance program and how it supports your operations.
- In the face of an increasing risk of cyber security incidents – how to prepare for a breach and mitigate risk with cyber insurance.
- What directors and officers insurance is and how it protects your board.
All-in-one Fundraising Solutions
As Canada’s largest charitable social enterprise, CanadaHelps has been part of the charity sector for 20+ years and over 25,000 charities use our fundraising technology.
Explore our fundraising solutions and learn from our free resources:
Alterna Savings Resources for Not-for-Profit organizations
Alterna is guided by our commitment to support the well-being of our members, employees, and communities. We promote community economic development through micro-lending and micro-savings initiatives, encourage our members to be financially knowledgeable, give back through many charitable activities and continually strive to be transparent at every level of our operation.
Our Community Financial Resiliency Program helps improve the capacity and resilience of the not-for-profit and charitable sector to build equity and strengthen their financial sustainability.
How Alterna can help:
- Free banking for not-for-profits and charities
- High-interest earnings on banking for eligible Affordable Housing Providers
- Collaborative NFP Loan Fund
- Financial education for not-for profits and charities and their communities
- Governance and capacity building tools
- Support to amplify causes
- Support to develop social purpose real estate