Nonprofit Appreciation Week
Let’s celebrate Ontario’s nonprofits!
What is Nonprofit Appreciation Week 2022?
This is a new recognition of Ontario’s nonprofit sector and its nearly 850,000 workers. It’s based on legislation to recognize nonprofit workers and organizations by the Government of Ontario, Bill 9, Nonprofit Sector Appreciation Week, 2021
It is championed by MPP Daisy Wai and the Bhayana Family Foundation; more about this week
, and celebrates the vital role nonprofits and workers play in creating and maintaining healthy, vibrant and inclusive communities in Ontario.
A few reasons to celebrate:
- Nearly 850,000 nonprofit workers are dedicated to serving, connecting, and supporting all Ontarians.
- Nonprofit workers have continued essential services through the pandemic, such as child care, long-term care, shelters, community health centres, seniors support, and more.
- Much of this work has been done by women workers who are the majority of the nonprofit workforce (77 per cent).
- Nonprofit workers are your neighbours, your friends, your family, and your community leaders.
- Ontario’s 58,000 nonprofits help to create healthy and thriving communities, and contribute $65 billion to the economy.
- Ontario’s nonprofit sector is diverse- from arts and culture, housing, sports and recreation, faith, child development, community health care, the environment, and more.
- Nonprofits are leading advocacy and change for a better, greener, more equitable economy and inclusive society.
- The innovative ways nonprofit workers support Ontarians with creative, local solutions.
- During the pandemic, nonprofit workers have innovated with live virtual concerts to keep us connected, repurposing community kitchens for mobile food programs, telephone trees to reach isolated seniors, virtual sports programs for mental health and physical fitness, pre-loaded phones with wellness supports for Indigenous youth, and much more.
Celebrate with us
- Join the conversation on social media through #NonprofitAppreciationWeek and share assets, or create your own
- Share this new infographic about Ontario’s nonprofit sector
- Don’t forget to tag your MPP and local nonprofits
- Amplify messages about Nonprofit Appreciation Week in your communities, and to your local newspaper or radio station
- Join the official virtual launch on February 14 from 12:30 to 1pm on Facebook Live.