Pandemic pulse check for the future of Ontario’s nonprofit sector
As Ontario emerges from year two of the pandemic, nonprofits are also facing inflation, staffing crises and global uncertainties. In partnership with l’Assemblée de la francophonie de l’Ontario, we have launched a new sector survey. We know the pandemic is not over for all and our sector needs responsive and future-forward policy solutions and supports to bolster organizations and the communities we serve.
New data will be crucial to identify the long-term impacts for organizations on staff and volunteers, financial health, and the extent of increased demand on organizations, coupled with an escalating HR crisis. Data-informed evidence will enable coordinated approaches to collaborate, advocate, and shape the future of the sector, together.
The survey is open to all nonprofits, charities, and grassroots groups in Ontario with a mission to serve a public benefit. This includes volunteer-run organizations, nonprofit social enterprises, and nonprofit co-operatives. Data is valuable from every organization, regardless of pandemic impacts, to add depth and scope to the provincial picture of the nonprofit sector in 2022.
The survey will take 10 minutes to complete and closes on June 3, 2022.
Complete the Survey
COVID-19: State of the sector one year later
In May 2021, ONN conducted a sector-wide survey with l’Assemblée de la Francophonie de l’Ontario (l’AFO) to gather critical data needed to help the sector build back from COVID-19. Nearly 3,000 nonprofits all around the province responded to our survey.
The data reveals much about nonprofits’ commitment to continue serving communities, the fragmented and inadequate government measures to respond to the COVID-19 crisis, and the work ahead as Ontario transitions into a recovery.
There are five key policy recommendations for long-term investment and public policy that recognize the central role nonprofits play locally and across regions to advance a better, greener, more equitable economy and a more inclusive society.
- COVID-19: State of the Ontario Nonprofit Sector One Year Later
- COVID-19: État du secteur à but non lucratif de l’Ontario après un an de pandémie
- Sondage sur l’état du secteur à but non lucratif de l’Ontario 2021
- Risk, resilience, and rebuilding communities: The state of Ontario nonprofits three months into the pandemic
- Risque, Résilience Et Reconstruction Des Communautés: État du secteur après trois mois de crise de la COVID-19
- Ontario Nonprofits and the Impact of COVID-19: A flash survey report
- COVID-19 flash survey infographics for Ontario nonprofits
- Access the data sets
We are grateful to our survey partners for helping us reach nonprofits and charities across Ontario:
Perth-Huron Nonprofit Network