ONN is here to help your organization
We offer specialized services to help nonprofits take care of business, allowing you to focus on your mission. We’ve put the sector’s collective strength into action to get the best rates and access for our members.
The ONN Employee Benefits Program is part of our commitment to supporting decent work in the nonprofit sector. This comprehensive benefits plan is affordable, flexible, and tailored for the sector.
The benefits program is underwritten by Manulife Financial, a leading Canadian-based financial services company. It is part of our Purchasing Program, developed in partnership with Round Table Procurement Services.
By pooling small group benefit dollars together with those of large groups, our program is able to offer stable rates, greater flexibility in benefits choices, and coverage for some groups that might otherwise have difficulty finding benefits.
The program offers:
- Comprehensive and flexible options
- Lower expenses and stable premiums
- Regular plan enhancements
- Ease of administration
- Exceptional claims service
- Higher maximums and non-evidence limits
Nonprofits have different insurance needs than for-profit businesses. ONN has done all the homework for you.
We offer an exclusive insurance program designed specifically for registered not-for-profit corporations operating in Ontario.
ONN has partnered exclusively with HUB International to ensure the best rates for nonprofits, including:
- Savings of 30% and more on customized plans tailored to your organizations needs
- Directors and Officers Insurance that has been developed exclusively for ONN and its members and offers the best rates and unique coverage
- Office Insurance
- Home & Auto Insurance
- No pre-qualifiers: as an ONN Member you are automatically approved for the program
- Zero deductible for ONN Members with annual revenues of less than $5 million
- Coverage available for registered nonprofits of ALL types (rates may vary)
- No interest or service charges on your personal insurance
This is the first Ontario-focused website for paid jobs in the sector – created by a nonprofit. Get connected to community builders across Ontario or build the career you were meant to have. ONN members post for free!
Nonprofit lands registry
Is your nonprofit looking for land or a new facility? Get access to a list of surplus provincial government lands for sale before they go on the open market.
We worked with the provincial government to create a special registry for eligible nonprofits so they can access a government list of property that is for sale, before property goes to the open market.
- Check that your organization meets the eligibility criteria
- Complete the application in full (What you’ll need)
- Pay the registration fee
- Receive notification of approval of registration from ONN within 30 days (applicants may be asked to provide additional info)
- Access the Realty Disposal Publication website with your assigned identification provided by Infrastructure Ontario
- Be a registered charity or be incorporated as a not-for-profit organization
- Provide a public benefit
- Be an ONN Member
- Fill in the online application in full
- Pay the registration fee of $200+HST
- Be approved by ONN to be added to the registry