ONN is the independent nonprofit network for the 55,000 nonprofits and charities in Ontario, focused on policy, advocacy, and services to strengthen Ontario’s nonprofit sector as a key pillar of our society and economy.
ONN works to create a public policy environment that allows nonprofits and charities to thrive. We engage our network of diverse nonprofit organizations across Ontario to work together on issues affecting the sector and channel the voices of our network to government, funders, and other stakeholders.
The Network began in 2007 as a mobilization of sector leaders concerned about proposed changes to the Ontario Not-for-Profit Corporations Act (Bill 65). Incorporated as a nonprofit in 2014, ONN was developed as an incubated project of the award-winning Centre for Social Innovation.
A Strong and Resilient Nonprofit Sector. Thriving Communities. A Dynamic Province.
To engage, advocate, and lead with – and for – nonprofit and charitable organizations that work for the public benefit in Ontario.
- Courage to take risks and do things differently.
- Diversity of perspective, creativity, and expertise to get stuff done.
- Optimism and determination.
- Solutions created by the sector, with the sector, for the sector.
- Celebrating our successes and learning from our experiences.
- Strength that comes from working together.