As a 7,000-strong network, with a volunteer base of 300 sector leaders, the Ontario Nonprofit Network (ONN) brings the diverse voices of the sector to government, funders and the business sector to create and influence systemic change. ONN activates its volunteer base and the network to develop and analyze policy and work on strategic issues through its working groups and engagement of nonprofits, charities and government.
ONN convenes the approximately 55,000 nonprofit and charitable organizations across the province.
The Network began in 2007 as a mobilization of sector leaders concerned about proposed changes to the Ontario Not-for-Profit Corporations Act (Bill 65). Incorporated as a nonprofit in 2014, ONN was developed as an incubated project of the award-winning Centre for Social Innovation.
A Strong and Resilient Nonprofit Sector. Thriving Communities. A Dynamic Province.
To engage, advocate, and lead with – and for – nonprofit and charitable organizations that work for the public benefit in Ontario.
- Courage to take risks and do things differently.
- Diversity of perspective, creativity, and expertise to get stuff done.
- Optimism and determination.
- Solutions created by the sector, with the sector, for the sector.
- Celebrating our successes and learning from our experiences.
- Strength that comes from working together.